Posted by edro on May 31, 2012
Japan’s collapse rate is accelerating
Based on their models, FIRE-EARTH Moderators have posted the following forecast:
FIRE-EARTH FORECAST: The rate of Japan’s collapse to intensify.
- Current: 0.067
- Forecast: 0.083
- EHC: 0.117
Posted in collapse mechanisms, collapsing cities, collapsing ecosystems, dynamics of collapse, earth's defense mechanisms, Effective World Population, environmental health, Mechanisms of Collapse, Nature’s defense mechanisms | Tagged: Collapse of Japan, FIRE-EARTH FORECAST, First Wave of Collapse, First Wave of Collapsing Cities, Japan's collapse | Leave a Comment »
Posted by edro on October 8, 2008
The “Deadly Dozen” Fits into the Collapse Jigsaw!
WCS has identified 12 deadly pathogens that could spread into new regions aided by climate change
A report by Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), released on October 7, lists 12 deadly pathogens that could spread globally as a result of climate change affecting the wildlife, which could then jump species barrier to infect and spread among humans. (Source)
The deadly diseases are:
- Avian influenza
- Intestinal and external parasites
- Lyme disease
- Red tides
- Rift Valley fever
- Sleeping sickness (trypanosomiasis)
- Yellow fever
The Dynamics of Collapse
Three major causes of global collapse triggered by the first wave of the world’s collapsing cities, which were previously listed in EDRO’s Dynamics of Collapse, include the “deadly dozen” diseases in the WCS list:
- Spread of pandemic diseases
- Foodborne, waterborne, airborne and insectborne infectious diseases (viral, bacterial, parasitic, fungal, prion)
- Epidemics of plant and animal diseases
Posted in dynamics of collapse, Ebola, Lyme disease, Red tides | Tagged: Avian influenza, climate change, First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities, parasitic diseases, Tuberculosis | Leave a Comment »
Posted by edro on April 30, 2008
A confirmation of tipping point is presented in the following report by James Hansen, NASA climatologist:
Excerpts from Hansen’s report:
- We are at the tipping point because the climate state includes large, ready positive feedbacks provided by the Arctic sea ice, the West Antarctic ice sheet, and much of Greenland’s ice.
- Our home planet is dangerously near a tipping point at which human-made greenhouse gases reach a level where major climate changes can proceed mostly under their own momentum. Warming will shift climatic zones by intensifying the hydrologic cycle, affecting freshwater availability and human health.
Source:Tipping Point: Here and Now!
Report:Tipping Point: PERSPECTIVE OF A CLIMATOLOGIST [PDF]
The ice in the Arctic is much younger than normal, with vast regions now covered by first-year ice and much less area covered by multiyear ice. Left: February distribution of ice by its age during normal Arctic conditions (1985-2000 average). Right: February 2008 Arctic ice age distribution. Credit: NSIDC [Caption: NASA]
Posted in air pollution, Arctic, atmosphere, civilization, climate, climate change, CO2, dynamics of collapse, Earth, energy, environment, extinction, future, health, HIoN, Human activities, human migration, Human-induced climate change, ice dynamics, Index of Human Impact on Nature, industrialism, lifestyle, limits to growth | Tagged: Arctic ice, climatic zones, collapsing cities, collapsing ecosystems, greenhouse gases, Greenland’s ice, James Hansen, multiyear ice, NASA, PERSPECTIVE OF A CLIMATOLOGIST, positive feedback, Tipping Point | Leave a Comment »
Posted by terres on March 28, 2008
Know Exactly Where You Are Heading
Without a complete change of direction in human activities, the economy and lifestyles, and based on the elite Zeitgeist, “World Spirit,” the available data and observed trends
- History of civilization (past experience)
- Current socioeconomic developments (present trends)
- The exponential rate at which the dynamics of collapse are compounded (future events)
CASF Model, using seven “Giga Trends,” has produced the following forecast concerning the probability of incidence of each trend.
End Game Scenarios
- The Champaign Club Scenario. Water, food, shelter, sanitation, education, health and energy continue to be available at increasingly higher prices to anyone who can afford it.
- The Gaza Strip Scenario. Majority of humanity is caged like animals, and kept under permanent military curfew.
- Involuntary Mass ‘Euthanasia’ Scenario. More than 90 percent of world population is annihilated by the world elite via conventional methods such as genocide by starvation, ethnic cleansing, disease and poverty, or using biological and chemical agents including exotic depopulation weapons.
- A Sustainable Future Scenario. Humanity rapidly climbs the evolutionary ladder, reverses the exponential growth economy and opts for non-suicidal, sustainable lifestyles.
- Extraterrestrial Doom Scenario. Life on Earth becomes extinct [in the next seven years] when a large extraterrestrial object (asteroid or bolide) strikes the planet.
- Lifestyle Global War Scenario. A war fought to secure additional resources required for maintaining unsustainable lifestyles.
- Large-scale Global Catastrophes. Sudden death (major species extinction) caused by multiple ‘natural’ factors (larges-scale volcanic eruptions, mega earthquakes, deadly pandemics . . .) or by ‘accidental’ factors (military scientists destroying the atmosphere, tests of superweapons backfiring, laboratory-made superbugs escaping . . . ).
End Game Scenarios [Revised] The probability of lifestyle global war breaking out (before a major ecosystems collapse occurs) is about twice higher than the combined probabilities of all other possible scenarios that may unfold in the near future.
Posted in Champaign Club, dynamics of collapse, economy, End Game Scenarios, Extraterrestrial, future, Giga Trends, Global War, Involuntary Mass Euthanasia, lifestyle, World Spirit, Zeitgeist | 27 Comments »